Ray Kurzweil

"With all the wacky stuff that urbexers come up with, this forum could be chock full of hilarity" -iFUBAR 12/14/2010
eyefoobar
Dirty Tube Sock

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:37 pm

Just finished The Singularity is Near

For over three decades, Ray Kurzweil has been one of the most respected and provocative advocates of the role of technology in our future. In his classic The Age of Spiritual Machines, he argued that computers would soon rival the full range of human intelligence at its best. In The Singularity... he examines the next step in this inexorable evolutionary process: the union of human and machine, in which the knowledge and skills embedded in our brains will be combined with the vastly greater capacity, speed, and knowledge-sharing ability of our creations.

Kurzweil argues his points well, and even with my cynicism I had trouble debunking his logically objective views. Beware of Skynet lol.

Has anyone else read any of Kurzwel's work? I'd recommend starting with one of his earlier works called Transcend: Nine Steps to Living Well Forever.

Now I need to get through Hawking's latest, The Grand Design, before I lose everything I've digested about M Theory.
I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.