Permission?!

"With all the wacky stuff that urbexers come up with, this forum could be chock full of hilarity" -iFUBAR 12/14/2010
Nicktheexplorer

Permission?!

Post by Nicktheexplorer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 pm

I have thought about going to a location do a while and trespassing is not an option. Its in the middle of nowhere right off the highway in a big field in Kansas... one of my teachers know the owners quite well but I don’t think that’s good enough. If I get the contact information who’s should I go about it? Should I say I’m just a local photographer or what? I feel like there is never a “good” sounding reason to ask. But it’s worth trying right? :P

What do you guys think about how I should ask?

Have you guys got “permission” before? Tell me about it

Thanks ——Nick
This is a signature
w0nKa

Re: Permission?!

Post by w0nKa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 am

I think Phil Ruffin has better things to do than to give tours of his dog track. :P
SnoopyWasHere
Administrator

Post by SnoopyWasHere » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:56 am

The issue with asking for permission is that its a hassle for most people. I've had some luck saying I'm a local historian looking to document buildings but most of the time the answer is no. If you have connections, that might make it better depending on who it is but chances are the answer will be no.
w0nKa

Post by w0nKa » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

I guess if this is something you're really serious about. Most property owners are going to be worried about 1 thing only, and that is liabilities. If you can prepare a personal release of liability document that's a big step.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Nicktheexplorer

Post by Nicktheexplorer » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:25 pm

w0nKa wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:10 am
I think Phil Ruffin has better things to do than to give tours of his dog track. :P
I’m not talking about that place, it’a privately owned by a farm family
This is a signature