Spooky UE

"With all the wacky stuff that urbexers come up with, this forum could be chock full of hilarity" -iFUBAR 12/14/2010
RandyMcDallas

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:13 pm

Has anyone ever experienced something that could qualify as a "paranormal experience" while exploring a location?

If so, I wanna hear your stories!

I've experienced some strange occurrences while exploring the Workhouse Castle and the Odd Fellows Home in Liberty...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using KCUrbEx mobile app

Last edited by RandyMcDallas on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WearySherpa

Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:19 pm

I saw a really twacked-out homeless woman with a sword next to the Workhouse one time. So that was spooky.

Sent from my iPhone using KCUrbEx mobile app
Esoteric
Silver Fox

Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:03 pm

I wish

Sent from my iPhone using KCUrbEx
RandyMcDallas

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 pm

At the Odd Fellows home I've heard the same man's disembodied voice call out "Hello!" and "Welcome!" on multiple occasions while walking up to entrance. One time in the abandoned hospital building a door slammed multiple times right in front of me on a windless afternoon... that one sent me running.

I was alone at the Workhouse Castle (not recommended) one night this past summer and I'm certain I felt a hand touch my shoulder... twice actually while I was there. Later I realized there were about two hours I spent there that I couldn't even account for, which leads me to believe that I could have been temporarily possessed by something... it was the strangest night I've ever had.

I have yet to see a "full bodied apparition" anywhere.

I have always been a skeptic of the paranormal and I'm not certain that ghosts are a real thing, but it's something I'm beginning to find very fascinating.

Aran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:41 am

I'm no believer in the supernatural, but I have a nice and semi-spooky story anyway. I was exploring an abandoned feed mill when I reached a pitch dark section of the building. I got the vague feeling that I was being watched, but took some pictures and brushed it off as nerves.

A month later, I was touching up my photos in preparation for posting when I noticed something. Look above the triangle of light in the photo. I zoomed in to show it better.

No clue what that was- probably a small animal, or piece of electronics or something. Still, I never noticed it while I was there- I didn't notice it until weeks later.
Attachments
25598587528_96434b7ab8_k.jpg
25598587528_96434b7ab8_k - Copy.jpg
RandyMcDallas

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Aran wrote:I'm no believer in the supernatural, but I have a nice and semi-spooky story anyway. I was exploring an abandoned feed mill when I reached a pitch dark section of the building. I got the vague feeling that I was being watched, but took some pictures and brushed it off as nerves.

A month later, I was touching up my photos in preparation for posting when I noticed something. Look above the triangle of light in the photo. I zoomed in to show it better.

No clue what that was- probably a small animal, or piece of electronics or something. Still, I never noticed it while I was there- I didn't notice it until weeks later.
Haha, nice. Do animal eyes show up red in photos? I assume the place didn't have running electicity...

WearySherpa

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:16 pm

He’s a shining a light though, and that thing is looking directly at it. My guess is possum.

Aran

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:59 pm

WearySherpa wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:16 pm
He’s a shining a light though, and that thing is looking directly at it. My guess is possum.

That's my guess too, or perhaps a rat. I was doing that light painting technique where you wave your light in a circular pattern across a surface to smoothly illuminate it during a long exposure shot so I would have thought that I would have scared it off, but if it was a possum playing dead it's possible that it chose to stay instead of run.

Either way, it makes a great photo to scare my more superstitious non-explorer friends with when the occasion arises.