This site needs work.

Any issues with the site? IF YOU ARE HAVING LOGIN ISSUES COME HERE!
eyefoobar
Dirty Tube Sock

This site needs work.

Post by eyefoobar » Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 pm

It's laggy, buggy, needs some TLC.

I've designed and built several php-based sites before and know phpBB like the back of my hand. If you guys want to keep the existing design but fix the fundamental flaws in the site configuration, it can be done easily and quickly. Just let me know.
I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box

Post by S1L3N7B0B » Thu May 07, 2009 7:25 pm

We were supposed to have a new site two months ago. Youthsonic is a busy man unfortunately, and also has a bit of ADD when it comes to website development.

Eventually.
Conditioned to self interest with emotions locked away; if thats what they call normal, then I'd rather be insane. ~ Jesse Michaels
eyefoobar
Dirty Tube Sock

Post by eyefoobar » Fri May 08, 2009 12:44 am

If he wants any help or wants to pass on some work to someone who's highly capable of making this site functional, fast, and clean, let me know. :D
I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Post by youthsonic » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 pm

I must agree that have been lacking on this site for way too long. I think it's one of those "Shoemaker's son always goes barefoot" things. Well, that at IRL drama making me not have the energy.

Most of the lag (and any eventual exceptions related) has to do with the hosting provider, and the lack of quality in their mysql infrastructure and SLA's on such. This will be rectified soon, and we will once again be on hardware that I own outright.

I appreciate the offer to help, but am curious as to what you would consider the fundamental flaws of the site configuration?.

I do have plans, and a mostly done skeleton, but to me the most effective thing to do would be to meet up with the most consistent users of the site and get opinions / consensus as to what features they would like to see.

If you have opinions on how to make the site better, here would be a great place to put them.