Site downtime - TO BE ANNOUNCED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE

Any issues with the site? IF YOU ARE HAVING LOGIN ISSUES COME HERE!
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:26 am

In the next week or so, I am going to be moving the site and all content to somewhere other than where it is hosted now. This will require a bit of downtime for the site as I migrate assets. The quality of the current provider's database cluster and general network speed leaves much to be desired for. I will be running this on 2 boxes again, one for the db + any other external services, and one for web stuff. This will give us the best possible performance and growth. I know lots of you have seem the "Cannot connect to db" error, and this will eliminate that. With that will also come a site upgrade of sorts. I'll be upgrading the forum software and doing a few other behind the scenes tweaks, but nothing major at this point until we can get a consensus on what people want in kcurbex 3.0. So, with that, I shall create an additional thread for enhancement requests.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 am

Alright guys, I have acquired the hardware and made the hosting arrangements - The site will be moved to another provider starting Friday.

Not much downtime will be expected, but there will be a DNS changeover that could cause some issues. I will be disabling the site while I do the change, to keep from losing any posts during the transition.

I won't be doing the big version upgrade just yet - most likely will be doing that next weekend.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Whelp, look like we are going to do the conversion to the new software - only 2 small bugs to work out, so it is looking really good =)

Expect the site to be down from friday 10pm ish till sunday worst case.
Shauntay
'Sup Foo

Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:02 am

....looks like we are back in business.......
Bentley tints on, Fendi prints on.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Shauntay wrote:....looks like we are back in business.......

Not yet... I will be taking the site down today instead, as friday didnt quite work out.
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:40 pm

Alright, site has been moved. There are still a few smallish issues to work out, which should be done in the next few days - but nothing that warrants keeping the site down.

The biggest issue right now that I see is that image resizing has a bug - I should have this fixed by tuesday or so, hopefully. Lemme know if you see any other major issues!

Remember, this is only step one. I am still working on adding features, but this will be done on another test site as to not mess up the current one. I will post a url when I am ready for public testing.
Shauntay
'Sup Foo

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Looks good --- thanks for all of the work!
Bentley tints on, Fendi prints on.
likemacgyver

Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:24 pm

Fast!
i like engines
Mary-Kate Olsen

Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 am

I like the new look......but you trimmed down the mod list... :cry:....nevermind I looked in the wrong spot :D
I know I haven't been around much. But believe me...I'm definitely still active....
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:34 am

i like engines wrote:I like the new look......but you trimmed down the mod list... :cry:....nevermind I looked in the wrong spot :D

Ya, some things are in different places, but all-in-all there is a whole lot more control
eyefoobar
Dirty Tube Sock

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:17 pm

I like the new features. Glad you've kept a quick-loading "basic" PHPBB2 board rather than migrating to vb or some other overloaded CMS.
I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.
theslice

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:27 pm

You rock, youth!
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
youthsonic
Urban Perversion

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:53 pm

iFUBAR wrote:I like the new features. Glad you've kept a quick-loading "basic" PHPBB3 board rather than migrating to vb or some other overloaded CMS.

Fixed that for you.
S1L3N7B0B
Lunch Box

Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Nice post count slice!
Conditioned to self interest with emotions locked away; if thats what they call normal, then I'd rather be insane. ~ Jesse Michaels
eyefoobar
Dirty Tube Sock

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:58 pm

youthsonic wrote:
iFUBAR wrote:I like the new features. Glad you've kept a quick-loading "basic" PHPBB3 board rather than migrating to vb or some other overloaded CMS.

Fixed that for you.

Awww sweetheart you shouldn't have.
I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.