New Member? Who dis?

Introduce yourself to everyone!
EnzoTintinni

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Hey guys, my name is Sammy and I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to exploring. I've been going through abandoned buildings ever since I was a kid but I've just recently gained an interest to this exploring thing seriously. But I do like to go places I'm not really suppose to be though ;)

I'm a senior in high school (Yes, I'm 18) and I live in the Turner area. My experience with urban exploration is pretty limited to what I have around locally. There are a couple of abandoned houses and stuff in the area but most of them have either been torn down or there is now people living in them.

I do know about a cave that is by my house and me and my younger brother have kind of built a camp site nearby that we camp at frequently but as far as exploring the actual cave... Well we can't really explore it because it's filled with water and we don't have any sort of boat that could take us through it to see what hidden secrets might lie in there. It's located off [redacted], and it's a little bit of a walk through the woods to get to it.

If anybody has a boat (Preferably not anything inflatable) and would interested in exploring this cave with me should PM me because I've known about these cave for years and all I've been able to do is stare into it and wonder what's inside of it.

Also, if anyone recognizes this cave and happens to know any history on it, I am very interested to know because my theory is that it was used as some sort of storage. There are also ruins of a couple of old houses in the woods surrounding the cave. It's basically just the walls of what once was a house but they're still pretty cool to see.

(Location of the path that leads to the cave)
[redacted]
Last edited by Snoopy on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed location since this is in the public forum.
; ) : ( ;
Snoopy
Administrator

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:40 pm

Hiya buddy, glad to have you here! Caves/mines are always mysterious and exciting finds. Do you have any photos of the cave opening? Perhaps one of us can help shine some light on it.
w0nKa

Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:43 pm

I don't know too much history on it, although Iv'e always referred to it as the silver mine. I've been above the mine many times bottle digging but not actually inside of it. All of the interesting stuff is above the mine :wink: :D
EnzoTintinni

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:04 am

https://youtu.be/fk8VPZzKiA0

Here’s a video a buddy of mine took a couple of years ago. It doesn’t show the entrance well but it shows all the water in the cave, and all the weird pillar things. It looks like it goes back quite a bit so I really want to find out how far back it goes.
EnzoTintinni

Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:07 am

I’ll be going down there to camp with my brother tomorrow so I can get some pictures of the entrance while I’m there
EnzoTintinni

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Snoopy wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:40 pm
Hiya buddy, glad to have you here! Caves/mines are always mysterious and exciting finds. Do you have any photos of the cave opening? Perhaps one of us can help shine some light on it.
w0nKa wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:43 pm
I don't know too much history on it, although Iv'e always referred to it as the silver mine. I've been above the mine many times bottle digging but not actually inside of it. All of the interesting stuff is above the mine :wink: :D
https://youtu.be/fk8VPZzKiA0

Here’s a video a buddy of mine took a couple of years ago. It doesn’t show the entrance well but it shows all the water in the cave, and all the weird pillar things. It looks like it goes back quite a bit so I really want to find out how far back it goes.

I’ll be going down there to camp with my brother tomorrow so I can get some pictures of the entrance while I’m there
Shauntay
'Sup Foo

Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:03 am

The water in the mine looks so clean and pure despite the litter.
Bentley tints on, Fendi prints on.
IrvingJackelman

Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:23 pm

EnzoTintinni wrote:
Enzo you just missed the public meetup on last Sunday when we are went boating in the mine! Where were you at buddy?
EnzoTintinni

Mon May 06, 2019 12:12 am

IrvingJackelman wrote:
EnzoTintinni wrote:
Enzo you just missed the public meetup on last Sunday when we are went boating in the mine! Where were you at buddy?
Sorry I missed it :( I wasn’t able to get any sort of boat or raft and I also didn’t have a ride.
IrvingJackelman

Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 am

EnzoTintinni wrote:
IrvingJackelman wrote:
EnzoTintinni wrote:
Sorry I missed it :( I wasn’t able to get any sort of boat or raft and I also didn’t have a ride.
Amazon dude! They’re cheap

Sent from my iPhone using KCUrbEx
Lchart01

Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Hiya. I'm a new member too really interested in finding new places.
IrvingJackelman

Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:47 am

Lchart01 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:31 pm
Hiya. I'm a new member too really interested in finding new places.
Hey Lchart

Read this topic if you're interested in learning how to find new places!
https://www.kcurbex.org/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=5389