HEY NEW PEOPLE

Introduce yourself to everyone!
Pry

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey I'm new, I've done some exploring and urban climbing in the past. I'll be keeping my eye on the forums for the next public meetup, hope it's not too far off! I'm excited to get out there. Cheers
ggdo

Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:09 am

Hey everyone, I'm gwyn! I'm an amateur when it comes to urban exploring (heading places with my friends), but I'm really interested in getting out and exploring my city. Also keeping an eye on public meetups as long as anyone doesn't mind I'm only sixteen :)
Esoteric
Silver Fox

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Welcome :)
bigshow8891

Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:11 pm

New here, interested in exploring the unique features of the KC area. Also know a few places that may or may not be known to some of you.
Justice Won

Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:09 pm

ggdo wrote:Hey everyone, I'm gwyn! I'm an amateur when it comes to urban exploring (heading places with my friends), but I'm really interested in getting out and exploring my city. Also keeping an eye on public meetups as long as anyone doesn't mind I'm only sixteen :)

I'm down in Olathe and have the same thing in mind.I love all the history behind these places and my only complaint is I'm not in the loop about more local areas. But I would be down to meet up with you or other people and go check a place out. There's a place decently close to me that is the old Khulman Die Casting Plant. No deaths or anything but it was shut down due to a fire causing bankruptcy. If anyone wants to check it out I've been a few times and would be willing to take people through there. Btw I forgot to mention, my name is Trevor and I am 17.
~Red
kesslerbmw

Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:22 pm

New here!!!! Wanting to do some exploring.

Have done some basic exploring, but I'm looking to do some internal or not normal exploring.
Justice Won

Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:46 am

kesslerbmw wrote:New here!!!! Wanting to do some exploring.

Have done some basic exploring, but I'm looking to do some internal or not normal exploring.

I'm down for that I just don't know many locations...
~Red
yukiko

Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:05 am

hi everyone! i'm yukiko, or just yuki! im like to go places i shouldn't be going with friends, and enjoying the thrill and nostalgia in urban exploration. :oops:
i'm not a kansas city native, as i grew up in chiraq but i always loved walking home with friends and looking through all of the tunnels and old buildings. :P
i guess im an amateur explorer, but i hope i can gain more experience and more friends in kansas city! :lol:
i live up north btw, kc metro/barry road area. hmu if ya wanna do some urbex. :wink:
Last edited by yukiko on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subversionary

Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:45 am

I'm from Columbia, Mo, and am just joining you.

I've led build teams for Ozark Trail Association, and been a Ranger,EC, and Green Dot for Midwest, Witchita and Gateway Burners.

So, I'm good with getting bloody and dirty, general self sufficience and leave no trace principles. But, I'm new to urbex and the KC area.

I started exploring in around 1st grade.....with the tunnel from the cafeteria to the gym, through a boiler room. I ran away from a day care to visit a nearby horse, and hailed a cab home from the library at age 5. I'm new to team exploration, and the formal term, but a born Comrade.

I'm 42, a girly girl social worker, and am easily amazed. If you've got science or music to show me, I'll purr.
Deeashley

Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:31 pm

First off, I'm not local, but will travel (with the right motivation) great distances with little or no notice. I live in the Dallas area, so I'm looking at a moderate 7 hour minimum stretch of road-tripping to reach the heartland, but that just gives me another excuse to hit the road!
I'm not new to exploring by any means. I've explored most regions of Texas (not so much far west Texas - it's a big state), a lot of Arkansas, and a LOT of Oklahoma, and a good chunk of the California Bay Area as well. I'm a pretty even split when it comes to exploring alone or with people. The large majority of my exploring has been your typical rusty, crusty abandoned structures, but I started on my own with construction sites, and very recently was introduced to the subterranean world of drains by another explorer in Houston. It wasn't what I expected, but still lots of fun and happiness to be had under the big city.
I am of the photographer variety, which I'd venture to guess, at least 50% or more of explorers I know are pretty heavily into the photography, whether it be primary or secondary in motivation. I love both things equally I believe, but one would not feel complete without the other.
So.., I may be new here, but if any of y'all find yourselves in the North Texas area and would like a tour or just some company, I've got some pretty cool locations and some really great fellow explorers to hook you up with.
I'm glad I found this group, can't wait to head up to KS! :)
Cheers,
Dee

Let's see if I can attach images on my mobile...

image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
SheRemembers

Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Hello KCUrbEx members!

I've recently registered as a new member and thought I would take a second to introduce myself to the group.

DH and I live in Lawrence but we used to live in Wesport. We're fascinated by the historical aspects of UE and the idea of preserving locations that a few rare people still get to lay eyes on is pretty compelling to us. We've explored a bit around the Lawrence area but we are very interested in broadening our horizon and we're looking toward KC now.

I've posted videos of a couple of the places we've explored on my YouTube channel urbxgirl. I also have an Instagram and Twitter associated with our adventures. I hope to provide links for my photos and video in the appropriate section after this introduction.

I'll be keeping and eye on the public meeting forum in anticipation for the next meet-up.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks,
urbxgirl
Don’t vandalize. Don't force entry. Don’t destroy things. Don’t steal, and never, ever give away the address.
AnnaMolly1213

Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Good seeing some new people. My husband and I live in the Independence area and would love to meet new people!
soccerred195

Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:28 am

Hello fellow explorers,
My name is Cherri. I have been an Urban Climber for sometime now. I am a newbee to this area but looking forward to wandering/exploring with people with similar interest. I read that this group meets up once a month and explores several places. What's on the menu for this month or am I to late
soccerred195

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:36 pm

Hey Chel sea I am a newbie too. I haven't put up a post but have commented on previous post. Which hasn't gotten me very far lol. I am still trying to figure out how to use this site. Honestmike I am digging what your throwing down above. Most of my time is devoted to school but I do get out every now and again. Speaking of I was planning on doing some exploring this weekend.
AshaAudacious

Thu May 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Hello! I'm new to this site and the Kansas City area! Would love to connect with fellow explorers! :))