Hello!

Introduce yourself to everyone!
rchristianphoto

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Thanks for the group add!

My name is Ryan and I'm a student at the University of Central Missouri. I've been doing photography as a hobby for a few years now. Mostly model, but I'm wanting to expand my horizons and branch out to new areas.

My love for photography started when I was deployed to Afghanistan. I bought over a dozen cheaper digital cameras (Nikon CoolPix, etc.) due to them getting shot, blown up, or broken. I wouldn't go anywhere without a camera and because of that I came home with over 100 gigs of photos and videos. After I got home, I started immersing myself in the world of photography, bought my first DSLR (Canon T3), and learned as much as I could. I've never taken any classes, everything I know is from being self-taught and just experimenting with settings. Until about 6 months ago, I didn't even have an external flash, and the only indoor lighting I had was regular desk/floor lamps.

Now I'm shooting on a 70D with a 430exii speedlight. I still love using unconventional lighting methods just because it's different. I have a studio light set but rarely use it.

I still consider myself an amateur, but I'm always looking to expand my knowledge and grow my portfolio. I've always wanted to do photoshoots in old abandoned warehouses and factories, but it's a whole world I have yet to explore.

Looking forward to making some new friends and learning a lot!

Ryan
Esoteric
Silver Fox

Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 pm

Welcome :)