Brand New Here

Introduce yourself to everyone!
TheLionCub

Brand New Here

Post by TheLionCub » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:50 pm

Hey guys,

First off I am super hyped to get back into urban exploration again. Alright that aside, let me introduce myself, my name is Jake I am 17. I box, I free climb, and baseball is pretty chill. But most of all I love going to places where everyone else has forgotten. I first started Urbex when I was about 13, I did with some friends, but after a while they stopped respecting the spaces we would go to by tagging and just breaking shit. I am not about that I just like to enjoy the spot and leave it for the next person. So when I saw, I think a member named FUBAR post this on the KC Reddit I got hyped.

Alright I do have some questions,

1. SInce I am under 18 are you guys cool with that?

2. Just missed the meetup you guys had yesterday. Is the next one in September?

3. Anything else I should know?
SnoopyWasHere
Administrator

Re: Brand New Here

Post by SnoopyWasHere » Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Wassup jake!

I'll try to answer your questions best I can, but if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask. As for your first question; I know a lot of people that host meetups aren't comfortable taking underage individuals out because its technically a liability issue. As for your second question; there are supposed to be monthly meetups. HOWEVER, before attending, I would contact the host and see what they say about your age. Lastly, off the top of my head I can't think of anything pertaining to your post that I should be concerned about besides your safety as a minor. About a year or two ago, a group of teens showed up to a building as I was leaving and about 30 minutes after I left, one of them had to be airlifted to the hospital. Just be careful out there.
TheLionCub

Re: Brand New Here

Post by TheLionCub » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:17 am

I turn 18 in December so, I mean I guess the best thing I can do is just get to know everyone before I go out. And about the safety I am always watching my step, always bring a mask, and don't mess with the building that would but the hazards at a higher risk.