Newcomer

Introduce yourself to everyone!
CoolDude13

Newcomer

Post by CoolDude13 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Hey everybody, I've been doing urban exploration for a few years now, since my freshman year of high school. I got really into it after I stumbled upon an old atlas missile silo south of where I live (I'm in Lawrence btw). Next I learned about sunny flower from a friend's dad, and I took a bit of an expedition in there. I almost got in trouble - narrowly avoided. But since then the rush of exploring places like that has become something I crave every day. I'm a huge history buff and getting to see visible pieces of "lost" history that a lot of people don't focus on is really cool for me. Since my trip to the plant, I've been around quite a bit more, searching to find locations on my own, some various ghost towns in western Kansas, and little cool things to find dotting the outskirts of Lawrence. The problem is, I'm at a loss, I feel as though I don't know enough about this art or have enough experienced friends around me that I think I might not be doing things correctly. Moreover, I have to find each and every location on my own, and I have no idea what the security precautions might be for many of these locations. I almost paid a horrible price for that back at the plant, and I'm not willing to get into that sort of a situation once again. I've come here to hopefully get some insight from people more experienced than I am at this sort of thing, learn about new locations and how to access them, as well as good strategies. I understand why it's hard to break in to communities like this, and I'm not going to be the impatient sort of dude who keeps pushing and pushing to let me in. All I want is to find better ways to have a good and safe(er) time doing something I love. I hope to get to know you all better, thanks. -Cool Dude

Side Note: I know the name is dumb, but please give me a break. Get to know me a little better and you might find out why it is what it is. Also I wanna start on here with at least some relative anonymity in case anything goes awry.
SnoopyWasHere
Administrator

Re: Newcomer

Post by SnoopyWasHere » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Glad to have you here! A lot of people here can give you lots of guidance as far as preparing to go places goes and get you pointed in the right direction

Sent from my LG-LS993 using KCUrbEx mobile app

IrvingJackelman

Post by IrvingJackelman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm

Howdy CoolDude13! What brings you out to Lawrence area & not Kc, you at KU?
4Valhal

Post by 4Valhal » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:06 pm

IrvingJackelman wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:55 pm
Howdy CoolDude13! What brings you out to Lawrence area & not Kc, you at KU?
Can't Cool Dude's just live in Lawrence? Plfffft. :P

Welcome aboard Cool Dude! Lawrence is one of my preferred stomping grounds. I've been meaning to get out to that Atlas site, perhaps we could link up sometime and you show me yours I'll show you mine :P