Greetings from the urban paradise of Raytown

Introduce yourself to everyone!
LimblessWonder

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Hello. Been doing urbex since I was a wee lil turd in high school here in kc. Been to places all over the city. Figured I'd stop being emo and maybe meet up with some fellas. Any of you have any experience throwing shows in these places?
WearySherpa

Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:27 pm

I can vouch for this one. He and I have gone exploring together quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using KCUrbEx mobile app
AndyMo88

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Howdy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using KCUrbEx mobile app

IrvingJackelman

Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm

LimblessWonder wrote:
Hello. Been doing urbex since I was a wee lil turd in high school here in kc. Been to places all over the city. Figured I'd stop being emo and maybe meet up with some fellas. Any of you have any experience throwing shows in these places?
Howdy Limbless

The kcurbex community hosts bbq's, fires, and cave parties in abandoned places. My collective the Cannonball Roarers host more lavish illicit events in places that aren't anything special to explore but a great space for something to happen in. Here's some photos from an event in the Half Moon Tunnel.

You can check out our archive from the Secret Series here-
https://www.cannonballroarers.com/archive/
Attachments
IMG_7325+copy.jpg
IMG_7221.jpg
IMG_6943+copy.jpg
DirtyKcDan

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:26 pm

IrvingJackelman wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm
LimblessWonder wrote:
Howdy Limbless

The kcurbex community hosts bbq's, fires, and cave parties in abandoned places. My collective the Cannonball Roarers host more lavish illicit events in places that aren't anything special to explore but a great space for something to happen in. Here's some photos from an event in the Half Moon Tunnel.

I love the Cannonball Roarers. Can't believe I missed that, looks like a blast. :)
WearySherpa

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 am

Me and Limbless know a lot of people who do metal and noise, so a moshpit in a cave could be pretty badass.

IrvingJackelman

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 pm

WearySherpa wrote:
Me and Limbless know a lot of people who do metal and noise, so a moshpit in a cave could be pretty badass.

It can be tricky to have a generator in a cave- unless you have a lot of extension cord or close to an entrance. Metal isn't too much my scene, you gotta assess the crowd and how respectful they are to a location. In the past I've had issue with folks attending from raver communities.
WearySherpa

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:50 pm

Ew, ravers. No, metalheads are better than that. We’ve only had problems with SoundCloud crowds at our DIY venue so far.

LimblessWonder

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 am

IrvingJackelman wrote:
LimblessWonder wrote:
Howdy Limbless

Well it seems you have gobs and gobs of experience throwing shows in hard to reach places. I wanna replicate elements of that, but with a different musical backdrop. What kind of generators do you normally use for these shows?

Sent from my SM-G960U using KCUrbEx mobile app

LimblessWonder

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:28 am

IrvingJackelman wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 pm
WearySherpa wrote:

It can be tricky to have a generator in a cave- unless you have a lot of extension cord or close to an entrance. Metal isn't too much my scene, you gotta assess the crowd and how respectful they are to a location. In the past I've had issue with folks attending from raver communities.

Well it seems you have gobs and gobs of experience throwing shows in hard to reach places. I wanna replicate elements of that, but with a different musical backdrop. What kind of generators do you normally use for these shows?
IrvingJackelman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 am

Limbless,

I'd recommend the Honda 2200 it's super quite and runs very efficiently.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-2200- ... lsrc=aw.ds