Welcome to the KCURBEX Forum!
The public forums require you to create an account to view them. You must fully register your account before you can see the rest of the forum.
Thanks for visiting! We are a loose group of local urban explorers devoted to responsible, ethical, and low-impact exploration of our urban environment. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with some of the following information and also note that your first post after you create an account will need to be approved by a moderator/admin. This is to keep spammers out
What are we all about?
We try to explore in a way that allows us to continue exploring in the future. We want to allow others the opportunity to explore a site, and not endanger its appearance or accessibility. We follow the urban exploration motto:
TAKE ONLY PICTURES, LEAVE ONLY FOOTPRINTS
We try not to publicize or promote sites too widely. When talking about locations or sharing photos, be discrete. Do not reveal exact locations or entrance details. Do not damage anything in the process of getting in.
Not everyone follows all of these "rules" all the time, but respectful acknowledgement of common sense things is a great way to impress your fellow explorers.
How should I use the KCUrbex forum?
As with any web forum, these are some things to consider:
1: Respectful communication: Avoid flame wars, personal attacks, or drama. Sarcasm, humor, and emotions can be misunderstood. Calm down.
2: Good spelling and grammar are greatly appreciated. They make your message readable and mature.
3: Have patience with delays, rules, and community norms.
4: Keep the discussion "clean" and ethical - Discussion of anything more illegal than trespassing is not allowed on the forum. Although parts of the forum are "private", you should not expect complete or permanent privacy.
5: “How do I get into *fill in the blank location* ?”
Do not reveal the exact location of sensitive sites; that is, locations that could be damaged or would get extra security added if a lot of people start going there.
6. Do not post anyone's personal information or likeness without their permission.
7. This site is for people who are 18 and older.
What are the Membership Tiers/Levels?
There are three tiers of membership on the forum:
Tier 1 is "REGISTERED USERS". It’s open to anyone interested in exploring. It's a place to meet and greet, and find out about upcoming public events. Consider it "public" when posting. Don't post anything that you wouldn't want your boss or the cops to see. All registered users should agree with our exploring ethics.
Tier 2 is "View Stuff". Full members can see the entire forum most of the forums except the admin forum. To get on Tier 2, a registered user should attend a meetup, host a meetup, or post pictures and stories in the public section.
Tier 3 is "Trusted People" These are members who have been active in the community who we 100% trust; contributing information, finding new places, exploring with the community, posting pictures, ect.
Ethics for Exploring:
1. Safety: We promote safety for our exploring community and how to keep ourselves safe from harm and safe from the heat.
2. Respect: Treat all members with respect and as you yourself would like to be treated. Don’t be a bully online or off.
3. Location longevity: Please do not discuss location entry points. Instead, use private messaging. Leave a location looking as locked up as you found it. Help preserve locations.
4. Photo Sharing: Share geotags only in private. Do not post sensitive locations via Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, or Snapchat Story. Exploration is not about getting “famous” among hordes of social-media strangers. Keep things private and share with the people you trust. Protect yourself, protect your locations, and protect your explorer family. We want to keep our community happy, healthy, and drama free
Protect yourself, protect your locations, and protect your explorer family. We want to keep our community happy, healthy, and drama free
Information for new users!
1 post • Page 1 of 1