[COMPLETED] Scheduled Maintenance May 27th @ 8PM-11PM

Any issues or updates with KCUrbEx can be found here!
Snoopy
dangerous with computers
Jami ID: sn00py
Signal ID: pm me 4 it

Hey everyone!

KCUE is in need of some loving on the backend. I have a laundry list of things that need updated which will result in this being one of our longest downtime periods.

1. Our forum software needs updated to the current version. We are only one version behind but since we are going from 3.2.8 to 3.3.0, I wanted to be sure it was stable before we made the jump.

2. Updating the forum software also requires that the PHP that runs this site also needs updated. We are several versions behind and since PHPBB 3.3.0 requires PHP 7.1.3 and higher, I'm going to jump us to 7.2 to take advantage of the new password hashing that is available.

3. Our theme has an update for PHPBB 3.3.0 that also looks very promising. It looks like I can now more easily change the forum topic icons from the X and the Checkmark to something easier to understand.

I'm hoping all of this will only last until 11PM. Theoretically it should only take an hour but I wanted to give myself plenty of time just in case something breaks.
SubLunar wrote:In the age of social media, new locations are treated like currency and entrance information spreads faster than the clap.
Panzram-ifications

Thanks for your hard work, Snoopy!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using KCUrbEx mobile app

Snoopy
dangerous with computers

Panzram-ifications wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:05 am
Thanks for your hard work, Snoopy!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using KCUrbEx mobile app
You're welcome :)
SubLunar wrote:In the age of social media, new locations are treated like currency and entrance information spreads faster than the clap.
Snoopy
dangerous with computers

Alright, updates are completed and went surprisingly smoothly. You'll notice that the website and mobile app are quite a bit quicker when loading threads now. The newer version of PHP offers some awesome performance upgrades; somebody please kick my ass for not doing that sooner XD.