Darn Spammers

Any issues with the site? IF YOU ARE HAVING LOGIN ISSUES COME HERE!
Snoopy
Administrator

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 am

As some of you have noticed, we get a spam post every few days or so. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to keep these individuals from posting mainly because the filter is designed to catch automated attempts, not humans. And people getting far enough to post are human, but spammers nonetheless. I will continue to IP Ban and domain ban these users and eventually they'll stop attempting to post to the forum. Even though spammers are still getting through, I'm already impressed with the performance of the new spam filters as we have been under a spam attack for the past few days and they attempted 200+ times to sign up. Considering only one got through, I'll say that is a win :) If you're an admin, you can view the user log and see the items caught in the filter if you'd like.
Getting into buildings through the front door since 2016.
4Valhal

Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 am

Nice! I'm still offended you took that spam post down. :P I was gonna make a purchase today.

Keep up the goodwork mate!
Snoopy
Administrator

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:53 pm

lmao trust me, they weren't selling the good stuff XD
w0nKa

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Simple, just have a registration approval and give permissions to T2 to accept members. So if anyone gives out the info to someone they will have to accept their registration.

If its a random/unknown applicant, just send out a cookie cutter introduction. (How did you hear about our website, how did you get interested in urbex etc..)

That is of course the intent is to keep it that publicly accessible, in which case, I will watch what I post a little closer. :P
Snoopy
Administrator

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:00 pm

We had that system before but unfortunately it was hard to keep up with. I have instead opted for a users first post to need approval. Once their first post has been approved, they can post freely. Doing it that way would be way easier mainly because it can be done from the app :D

Sent from my LG-LS993 using KCUrbEx mobile app

w0nKa

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:40 pm

That works too! Good to know!
4Valhal

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:16 am

I am still disappointed in the disruption of the free market brought on by the inclusion of spammers and their peddling of various wares! :P :P :P

Good fix though!